Saturday 27 March 2010

Camp.

This week I went on camp. I went to the Lakes and it rained almost everyday. We did things that involved team work and we canoed up to the Lake Head Hut, we slept under the fly Tuesday night and it rained. I had to carry cheese and crackers and biscuits in my pack which we ate on the tramp back. We had to walk through swollen rivers by being in teams and linking arms. A possum crawled into the girls shelter and made them scream. Went white water rafting and it was really cool and heaps of fun. It snowed Thursday night on the mountains.

1 comment:

Moturoa said...

Goodness - snow in March. It was a bit cold but I didn't realise that there had been snow!

It sounds like you had such a great time out and about in the outdoors.

Is Lake Head on Lake Rotoiti? I white water rafted down from Lake Rotoiti through some really big rapids ages ago. It was awesome and I was very proud of myself for overcoming my fears and just doing it and surviving.'

Allanah